Verena Katharina Brändle
Karen Blixens Plads 8, Building: 14.4.09
2300 København S
I am currently researching forms of contestation expressed in mass and social media. I focus on two main points: transnational solidarity regarding refugees and asylum seekers in Europe as well as understandings of citizenship and mobility in the ongoing Brexit debates.
In my PhD project I have investigated ordinary people's understandings of citizenship and conflict over migration in Denmark and Germany.
Title: "Contestation of citizenship 'from below': People's notions of justice about migration in the EU"
Primary fields of research
- (Social) media representations and attitudes about immigration
- Migration experiences and political opinion formation
- EU citizenship, inclusion, diversity
- Forms of political participation through online media
- EU crisis and political contestation
- European patterns of mobility and migration
- Political mobilisation
- Online/social media and political participation